Lighten your Tanned Skin Natural Way
Its summertime!! Exposure to scorching sun and its ultra violet rays leads to skin tanning. The fairer you are, higher is the risk of skin tanning. Sun rays make your exposed and uncovered skin brown or red with peeling sensation due to dryness. Basically tanning is a protective action of your skin against further damage from harmful sun radiation.
UV radiation of sun tends to trigger the production of skin pigment called as melanin. Due to increased production of melanin your skin color changes and turns red or brown. Remember there is nothing like safe tan as change in your skin color indicates skin damage.
10 Simple Home Remedies to Lighten Tanned Skin:
Are you struggling with light and dark stripes so formed on your body after hours of basking in sun? Don’t worry. Here are few natural, safe and effective home remedies for your sun tanned skin.
- Potato juice is considered to be one of the best home remedies for mild skin tanning. You can apply raw potato juice or peeled potato skin on the affected area for fast relief.
- In case of severe tanning and skin dryness, mix glycerin, lemon juice and sugar. Gently apply this solution in circular motion on the affected area.
- To 1 tbsp of milk powder add 1 tbsp of lemon juice, 1 tbsp of honey and ½ tbsp of almond oil, mix well and apply on your face. Leave it for 10-15mins and wash it off with water. It will not only lighten your tan but also add shine to your skin.
- Mash few Aloe Vera leaves and add 1 lemon juice to it. Dab this mixture on the affected area for tan-free and nourishing skin.
- To 1 tsp of potato juice, add 1 tsp of lemon juice and dab this solution on the affected area. Leave it for 15 minutes and rinse it off with cold water.
- To 3 tbsp of milk add 1 tbsp of turmeric powder and rub this mixture on the affected area. Let it dry before you wash it with cold water.
- Add 2 tbsp of honey to 1 lime juice, mix them well and apply it on the affected area. This is effective in lightening the tanned skin.
- Mix in equal quantity cider vinegar and water. Gently dab it on the affected area and leave it for 10-15 minutes. Rinse it off with water.
- Make a paste of dried and powdered orange peel with curd. This mixture is effective in reducing scars and blemishes.
- Make a smooth paste of 1 tbsp of gram flour, 2-3 drops of lime juice and 2 tbsp of raw milk. Apply this paste and let it dry for 15 minutes. For effective results you should follow this for 4 weeks.