Top 10 Home Remedies for Cracked Heels
Cracked heels are a common problem. They give a unpleasant, untidy and rough look which no one wants to have. There are many reasons that cause cracked heels but they are usually caused by dry skin.
Generally they don’t pose any dangers to your general health but in case of severity they bleed and cause pain that needs your careful attention, but you can effectively cure and prevent them by following some simple home remedies. Here are the top 10 simple home remedies for cracked heels.
Simple Home Remedies for Cracked Heels:
- Apply sesame oil on your cracked heels before sleeping in the night. It is a best home remedy for cracked heels.
- Daily apply a mixture of rosewater and glycerin. It soothes your heels and cures them fast.
- Squeeze one lemon in a ¼ bucket of water, soak your feet weekly twice and wash your feet using pumice stone and soap.
- Massage your heels with coconut oil before going to bed in the night. Scrub properly and rinse off in the morning.
- Mix papaya and lemon juice, apply on the affected area and wash off after 20 minutes.
- Soak your feet in warm water with a little soap in it for 15 minutes, it loosens the dry skin and wash off using pumice stone.
- Apply a foot cream especially designed for treating cracked heels before sleep in the night and wash off using a pumice stone in the morning.
- Apply the pulp of a ripe banana on the affected area, leave it for 10 to 15 minutes and wash it properly. It helps in fast healing.
- If your cracks are causing pain, try this home remedy to heal it fast. Melt little paraffin wax, add coconut oil to it, fill the cracks with the mixture before sleeping in the night and wash off in the morning. Try it for 1 to 2 weeks for best results.
- Apply vaseline or paraffin oil or petroleum jelly or hydrogenated vegetable oil on your heels after washing your feet clean i.e. after doing any of the above procedures. This helps your feet to recover to its normal condition.
Suggestions for Cracked Heels
- Avoid wearing thin soled or backed shoes if you are developing cracked heels.
- Use pumice stone on your heels thrice a week to remove the dead skin from your heels.
- Moisturize your heels twice daily. It helps to get rid of cracked heels fast.
- Drink lots of water to keep your skin hydrated. It keeps your skin soft and supple preventing dryness of skin that results in cracks.
- Always keep your feet clean and wash it properly whenever you come from outside.
- Give a foot massage and foot bath to your feet thrice a week that keeps the surrounding skin soft and healthy.
- If your cracks are causing pain, wear shoes that are comfortable and soft to your feet.
- Cracked heels may be sign of zinc and omega-3 fatty acids deficiency in your body. So add them in your daily diet.
- Being over weight too results in permanent cracked heels. So the best home remedy for it is to maintain a healthy weight and lifestyle.