Home Remedies for Foot Pain
Foot pain is one of the most common problem affecting majority of people around the world. Pain can be felt anywhere in the foot. It can affect the toes, heel, sole, ankles or arch. It is said that every time we step down, we put about 5 times our body weight on foot. While some foot pain can be serious and affect our general ability to move and work, other minor foot pain can respond well to remedies at home.
Home Remedies for Foot Pain :
There are various causes of foot pain. One of the major cause is old age, when the bones gradually starts getting weak so that the legs cannot support the body weight anymore.
Listed below are some home remedies for foot pain:
- Home Remedies for Foot Pain with Warm Water Treatment: Experts recommend warm water treatment as one of the most effective treatment to cure foot pain caused due to fatigue. You can soak your feet in a bucket of warm water for about 15 minutes. The warm water can sooth and relax your leg muscles, thereby treating foot pain.
- Home Remedies for Foot Pain with Hot and Cold Treatment: It is suggested that hot treatment can promote blood flow thereby causing muscle relaxation, while cold treatment can reduce inflammation. You can apply a heat pad and an ice pack alternately each for 10-15 minutes to reduce foot pain.
- Home Remedies for Foot Pain with Mustard Seeds Treatment: It is recommended that mustard seeds can improve blood circulation and break down toxins in muscles and joints, thereby treating foot pain. You can add some mustard seeds in a hot tub or foot tub. Soak your feet in it for 15 minutes and pat dry.
- Home Remedy for Foot Pain with Asparagus: It is suggested that asparagus can reduce foot pain by removing excess of fluid out of your system. You can steam asparagus and eat as you like eating it. The fresher the asparagus, the better will be the result.
- Home Remedy for Foot Pain with Cayenne Pepper: Experts suggest that cayenne pepper is a rich source of capsaicin. Capsaicin can help in warming a cold foot and can relieve pain sensation from it. Before putting socks on your foot, you can sprinkle cayenne pepper on it.
- Epsom Salts: It is suggested that epsom salts can help soothe your feet, thereby relieving foot pain. You can add about 2 tablespoons of Epsom salts in a warm water tub. Soak your feet in the tub for about 15 minutes and dry your feet.
It is suggested that good-fitting foot wear can reduce foot pain by improving bad biomechanics. Biomechanic problems can reduce the natural ability of our feet to support our body and can cause foot pain. You can also reduce of foot pain by improving your posture through regular practice of yoga and exercises. In additon, proper foot hygine also goes a long way in reducing foot pain. Washing your feet with antiseptic cream can reduce sweating of feet and kill bacteria and germs.