Home Remedies for Dog Bite
For treating dog bite, you might consider one of these home remedies – Wash the dog bite wound, walnut, cumin seeds, vitamin C and vitamin B, Burdock or garlic.
Some Home Remedies for Dog Bite :
- Wash the Wound: You may consider washing the wound thoroughly with warm water for few minutes. Follow this with washing the wound with soap for the next five minutes. You may rinse the wound with cold water for few minutes and finally apply a sterile guaze dressing on the wound. Thorough cleaning can help in getting rid of saliva from the wound and can prevent spreading of infection.
- Dog Bite home remedy with Walnut: It is suggested that walnut can help in neutralizing the poison of dog bite. For this, you may grind in equal proportions walnut, salt and onion and can add honey in it. You may want to dress the wound with this mixture.
- Home remedies for dog bite with Cumin Seeds: It is said that cumin seeds can counter the toxic effects of the bite. For this, you may grind about two teaspoons of cumin seeds and 20 black pepper corns with water. You may apply the mixture on the dog bite wound.
- Vitamin C and Vitamin B: Experts suggest that vitamin C can help in fighting infection of the wound while vitamin B can help in producing antibodies. This can help in treating dog bite.
- Burdock for Dog Bite: It is suggested that burdock can help in neutralizing and eliminating the poison of dog bite from the body. You can take 10-25 drops of burdock tincture in tea or in water, 3-4 times every day to treat dog bite.
- Garlic as Remedy for dog bite: It is suggested that garlic can act as a natural antibiotic. This can help in treating dog bite. You might consider taking few cloves of garlic three times daily till your wound is healed.