Home Remedy for Cracked Corners of Mouth
It can be painful experience to smile on a silly joke with cracked corners of mouth. Cracked corners of mouth are also called as angular chelitis, stomitis or perleche is mainly caused due to fungal bacterial infection. Angular chelitis is characterized by cracks, redness, ulceration, inflammation and burning sensation around the corners of the mouth. If left unattended the cracked corners of mouth becomes itchy, painful and might even bleed.
Besides topical anti-bacterial and anti-fungal medicated gels you can even try home remedy for cracked corners of mouth.
List of Some Effective Home Remedies for Cracked Corners of Mouth :
- Cut a piece of cucumber and rub it on the affected area. Cucumber is considered to be effective home remedy for cracked corners of mouth.
- Extract fresh pulp of Aloe Vera and apply it on the affected area. The anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties of Aloe Vera make it beneficial for angular chelitis.
- It is observed that drinking plenty of water also treats the problem of cracked corners of mouth.
- Application of Margosa leaves powder on the affected area is highly effective home remedy for angular chelitis.
- Anemia and deficiency of Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B6 and Vitamin B12 is one of major causes of angular chelitis. Hence it is advised to include green leafy vegetables, tomatoes, carrot, legumes, spinach, fruits and other rich sources of Vitamin B complex and iron in your diet.
- Try to keep your dry and cracked lips moist with the help of various humidifiers available in the market.
- Apply olive oil on the cracked lips. Olive oil is effective in keeping your lips moist.
- Gently rub unsalted butter on the affected area. Make sure that butter is unsalted as even small quantity of butter causes great pain and irritation.
- Application of Vitamin E on the affected area is also beneficial home remedy for cracked corners of mouth.
- It is advisable to avoid flavored toothpaste, lipstick and heavy make-ups.
- It is observed that people tend to lick lips often for temporary relief but it is advisable to avoid licking cracked lips. This might worsen the condition hence better to moisten your lips with unflavored lip balm, lip gloss or paraffin gel.