Get Rid of Razor Bumps Naturally
Shaving is one of the best and easy methods to get rid unwanted body hairs but it is also associated with painful razor bumps. Improper use of razor, dull blade, close shave, etc. is some of the reasons causing razor bumps popularly known as ingrown hair. As a result of ingrown hair painful ugly tiny bumps appear on your skin. Here are some home remedies to get rid of razor bumps or ingrown hair:
- Exfoliate to Prevent Razor Bumps: Every time before shaving, make sure that you exfoliate your skin using sponge or loofah. You can even use homemade scrub like 1 tsp of baking soda with 1 tbsp of liquid soap for exfoliation.
- Witch Hazel to Prevent Razor Bumps: After you are done with shaving application of witch hazel on the skin prevents ingrown hair. Dab a small amount of witch hazel on the shaved skin, anti-septic properties of witch hazel prevents razor bumps.
- Aspirin for Ingrown Hair: You can prepare homemade mask with aspirin which proves to be effective home remedy for razor bumps. Make smooth paste of 4-5 uncoated aspirin with water and apply it on the skin and allow it to stand for 10-15 minutes. Then gently rub off but in case it is too dry then add little moisturizer to it. The anti-inflammatory property of aspirin reduces swelling as well as treats mild infection.
- Apple Cider Vinegar for Razor Bump: As and when needed, dab a small amount of apple cider vinegar on the razor bump. This is considered to be effective home remedy for razor bump.
- Cucumber and Milk Mask: Razor bumps are mainly associated with redness and itchiness and you can overcome with quick cucumber and milk mask. To 1/3rd cup of milk add puree of ½ cucumber and keep it in fridge until cold. With the help of gauze apply it on the affected area and leave it for few minutes, then with water rinse it off. Besides treating itchiness and redness it is effective home remedy for ingrown hair.
- Use Cornstarch: Cornstarch is also considered to be one of the effective home remedies for ingrown hair. Dust small amount of cornstarch on the affected area and leave it for at least 20 minutes. Then wash it with water.
- Aloe Vera for Ingrown Hair: Aloe Vera is another effective natural remedy for razor bumps. Apply fresh gel of Aloe Vera on the affected area at least twice in a day. For best results repeat this home remedy for 3 days. The itchiness and inflammation due to razor bumps will be treated.