Natural Home Remedy for Repelling Ticks
Ticks can be a major nuisance. They can also be bad for you. That is because not only do they bite, their bite can also lead to a number of painful and dangerous diseases. Ticks are responsible for Lyme’s diseases, which causes fever, stiffness in the body and even paralysis. They can also be a cause of arthritis and nervous system damage.
Some Simple Home remedies for for Repelling Ticks :
There are some simple products that would be easily available in homes that can keep ticks away. Along with these some other simple measures can go a long way in keeping ticks out of you home and surroundings.
- Neem oil: It is derived from neem seeds. It is absolutely natural and is known for its repellent qualities. Four teaspoons of neem oil can be added to a gallon of water and sprayed all over the lawn to keep ticks away.
- Essential oils: Essential oils, especially rose geranium oil, are very useful in keeping ticks away.
- Short grass in lawn: Ticks are found more frequently in tall grass where they hide till they find a human or animal to get on to. Mowing your lawn frequently can help a lot in keeping ticks away.
- Hygiene: Using a vacuum cleaner in the house often, doing the laundry regularly and using disinfectants to clean the house help maintain hygiene and keep ticks away.
- Light clothes: When going into woods or other such areas where ticks may be present, covering yourself with light clothing and wearing socks can keep ticks off you.
These are some simple steps that you can take to keep ticks away from yourself and make your home safe.