Home Remedies for Ganglion Cyst
What is a ganglion cyst?
It is a sac filled with fluid that forms under the skin, usually on joints like on the wrists or the ankles. It can be seen as a smooth bump on the skin that can vary in size. The fluid in it is usually the synovial fluid that lubricates joints and tendons. They are usually painless but can sometimes get painful. They can be cured by simple home remedies like licorice.
Some Simple Home remedies for ganglion cyst
Simple natural remedies like white oak bark tea and licorice can help treat these cysts, although some may require medical intervention.
- Licorice: It has antiviral and bactericidal properties that help in draining fluid from the cysts and healing them.. they also prevent recurrence.
- White oak or hazel bark tea: They are helpful especially when the cysts are still small. They have astringent properties that help shrink the cysts and heal them faster.
- Echinacea: It contains a chemical called properdin that helps strengthen the immune system and helps in making cysts disappear almost immediately.
- Rest your joints: It is better to avoid much movement in the joints where the cysts are present as this could worsen the condition. Do not use them much in work or in exercise.
Diet for ganglion cysts
Although there is no specific diet that can help with treating these cysts, it is important to have a healthy and balanced diet. It is however important not to overdo it and eat everything in moderation. Also, it is important to have lots of water to avoid constipation as that can worsen the condition. Along with this, you should get proper exercise and rest your joints that are affected.
Causes for ganglion cysts
These cysts usually appear on the wrists or sometimes on the foot. The causes are not yet known for sure. One of it could be the overuse of joints. This could be due to over work or even over exercising.
Symptoms of ganglion cysts
- Tenderness and over-sensitivity on and around the cysts
- Hindrance in hand movements