Home Remedies for Gas Stomach Pains
Stomach gas is the air accumulated in the intestine or digestive tract. Gas can be embarrassing and sometimes painful if we don’t take appropriate action to eliminate it.
Stomach gas is primarily formed when air is swallowed while eating. Another common cause of passing excessive gases is incomplete passage of stools. Often this gas has foul odor.
Consumption of different types of food stuff can lead to indigestion and thus gas.It can be accompanied with acidity, heartburn, and gas pain etc.
A person with stomach gas experiences stomach and abdomen discomfort, numbness and feels the need to expel gas. These days, pain in the stomach due to gas is a very common occurrence. So you may be thinking what are the causes of gas stomach pains?
Causes of Gas Stomach Pains
- Eating too much oily and spicy foods.
- Drinking too much tea and coffee in a day.
- Irregular eating habits.
- Eating gassy foods such as broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, potatoes, corn, beans, onions, whole grains etc.
- Eating stale foods
Some Simple Home Remedies for Gas Stomach Pains :
Some of the most effective home remedies for gas stomach pains are given below.
Remedy #1: Ginger is very well known remedy for gas related problems. Grind dry ginger to prepare its powder. Then mix 3 grams of this powder with little rock salt and take the mixture with 1 cup of lukewarm water. This is a beneficial home remedy for gas stomach pains.
Remedy #2: 10 ml pineapple juice + 1 tsp ginger juice + a pinch of roasted asafoetida + two pinches of rock salt . Take this combination to get quick relief from gas stomach pain.
Remedy #3: Eating roasted fennel seeds removes the excessive gas from the abdomen. This also cures gas stomach pains.
Remedy #4: Mix 3 grams Triphala powder + 3 grams sugar candy and take this combination with one cup of lukewarm water. It is a very effective home remedy for gas stomach pains.
Remedy #5: Take 1 tsp Carom seeds powder + a pinch of rock salt + a pinch of asafoetida . Mix all these and take with a cup of lukewarm water. This mixture is capable of curing gas stomach pain.
Diet for for Gas Stomach Pains:
- Don’t wolf down food or drink too fast as large amounts of air is swallowed along with the foods. This in turn, causes excessive gas in the stomach.
- Among vegetables, cabbage, onions, potatoes, cauliflowers, beans etc. increase gas. So try to avoid them.
- In fruits apples, bananas, apricots increase gas.So avoid them if you are suffering from gas.
- Avoid fatty foods and carbonated beverages.