Home Remedies for Hoarseness
Hoarseness is related to change in voice in an abnormal manner. There may be various causes for hoarseness. The main cause is continuous singing or sore throat. Side effects of some medicines may cause hoarseness condition. Temporary hoarseness can be healed in a couple of days. But, severe hoarseness needs medications. Certain home remedies may cure the hoarseness condition.
SOME SIMPLE HOME REMEDIES FOR HOARSENESS :
The following are some home remedies for hoarseness.
- Honey: Mix honey in warm water and take it thrice a day.
- Turmeric: This is an efficient remedy for the hoarseness condition. Add ½ tablespoon of turmeric to warm water and drink it for twice or thrice in a day. Turmeric can also be taken with warm milk.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: This is a good remedy for curing abnormal voice. Take 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar twice a day for relieving the condition.
- Figs: This is another effective remedy for hoarseness. Take some figs and boil them in water. Drink this mixture with a tablespoon of honey twice in a day.
- Onions: This is a very effective remedy for the condition of hoarseness. Raw onions can be taken in the diet.
- Apple: Apple juice can be taken twice a day. This is a best and easy home remedy for hoarseness.
- Cayenne pepper: Add ¼ tablespoon of cayenne powder to few drops of lemon juice and a cup of warm water. Stir them well and sip slowly.
- Lemon: Lemon and honey have soothing properties. Mix lemon and honey and gargle or drink them slowly. This is an efficient remedy for hoarseness.
- Ginger: Peel the skin of ginger root and slice them into coins. Boil them water and add 3 tablespoons of honey. Drink the tea slowly. This is a good remedy for the condition of hoarseness.
Frequently, gargle with lukewarm water treated with cardamom and cinnamon powder. This gives quick relief from the hoarseness.