Home Remedies for Pleurisy
Home Remedies for Pleurisy : The lung membrane gets inflamed in pleurisy which results in membrane erosion which further leads to chest pain.The pleural wall lining is inflamed in this condition which causes pain while breathing. Usually in this disease the patient suffers from constipation and has less or no appetite.
Some Simple Home remedies for pleurisy :
Some of the useful home remedies for pleurisy are as follows .
- Take 20 grams of holy basil leaves on an empty stomach in the morning and evening. It helps in drying out the pleural fluid.
- Take powder of the root of the herb hog-weed in little amounts thrice a day.
- Applying loose poultice of linseed can be very beneficial.
- Black seed oil capsules are very good for pleurisy. They make the functioning of immunity system much better.
- Celery seeds and leaves are very useful in the treatment of pleurisy.
- Olive leaf extract capsules are very beneficial for pleurisy cure.
- Olive Leaf is very effective for fungal, bacterial and viral infections. It also has other benefits such as anti-oxidant effects and can be helpful for the circulation.
- Hot Chest Packs: These are helpful in reducing the pain of Pleurisy. Apply gently on the chest three to four times in a day.
Pleurisy Diet tips
- Don’t take chilled or cold items like ice cream.
- Milk intake is very important in this disorder as it helps in curing pleurisy. Don’t exceed 4 litres per day.
- Vegetables such as bitter gourd, brinjal, cauliflower, cabbage and potato should be taken.
Causes of Pleurisy
The top causes of pleurisy includes:
- Infection in the lower respiratory system
- Air leakage into the pleural cavity
- Chest injury
- Clot in the lungs artery
- Acute viral infection
Symptoms of Pleurisy
Primary symptoms of pleurisy includes:
- Chest pain
- Breathing difficulty
- High fever
- Dry cough