Home Remedies for Wet Cough
Cough is the most common health disorder that everyone faces at some time or the other in life. Cough is of two types: Wet and dry cough.
In dry cough, mucus or phlegm is not present. It is just a feeling of dryness in throat and pain.
Wet cough is when cough is accompanied with mucus or phlegm. Phlegm is the most disgusting and causes a lot of discomfort which may interrupt your social engagements and daily activities.
This article gives information regarding several home remedies for curing wet cough.
Some Simple Home Remedies for Wet Cough:
The following are some useful natural remedies for wet cough.
- Fluids: Drink more fluids as these keep your body hydrated. This also causes thinning of the phlegm which makes it more easier to excrete it.
- Salt water: Gargle with salt water to soothe the throat and also for thinning out secretions. Add 1 tablespoon of salt and a pinch of baking soda to a cup of water. Stir well and gurgle several times. Do not expose yourself to cold weather.
- Ginger: This is a good remedy for wet cough. Peel a piece of ginger and chew it. Or drink ginger tea.
- Honey: Extract ginger juice and add honey to it. Consume this thrice a day. This is an effective remedy for cough.
- Onions: Onion helps in thinning out the mucus or phlegm. Extract juice from 1 onion. Add 1 tablespoon each of honey and onion juice. Mix well and leave it for 4 – 5 hours. Take onion syrup twice a day for good results.
- Turmeric: Mix well 1 tablespoon of honey and a pinch of turmeric powder. Take this mixture thrice a day. This gives relief from cold in a day or two.
- Almonds: Soak 7 – 8 almonds in kernels overnight. Peel and ground them to make a paste. Add butter and 20 gms of sugar and grind again to make a fine paste. Have this two times a day. This is one of the good remedies for wet cough.