Home Remedies for Nasal Congestion
Nasal congestion is always referred as stuffy nose. Congestion occurs when the blood and nasal tissues swell as fluid gathers in nose region. Nasal congestion is not caused by developing thick mucus. This occurs when germs enter body through throat or nose. Nasal congestion also causes ear infection. Nasal congestion also interferes with ears, speech and hearing development. This can range from mild to life threatening condition. Some home remedies can be followed for treating nasal congestion.
Home Remedies for Nasal Congestion:
Following are some home remedies for treating nasal congestion.
- Cardamom seeds: Place 1 tablespoon of cardamom seeds on charcoal and inhale the fumes. This is the most effective remedy for treating nasal congestion.
- Grapefruit Seed: Mix few drops of grapefruit seed extract in half cup of warm water. Rinse with this mixture and inhale it. Repeat the same for twice or thrice, particularly when you wake up in the morning and before sleeping. This is one of the useful remedies.
- Hot beverages: Drink cups of hot tea, chicken soup and broth. However, fluids containing caffeine worsens the stuffy nose.
- Spices: Add spicy ingredients to the meals. This triggers a reflex response on the runny nose. Hot chilli peppers give instant relief from congested nose.
- Onion: Take a whiff of onion. This stimulates runny nose and gives temporary relief from congestion.
- White Vinegar: Add one quart of white vinegar to water for easing nasal congestion caused by sinus infections and chest cold.
- Humidifier and Vaporizer Additives: Add essential oils yo humidifier or vaporizer to increase results. The best option is to consider 2 – 3 drops of eucalyptus oil.
- Mustard: Prepare a slather with mustard and place it on chest. Soak wash cloth in hot water and ensure to wring it out. Place wash cloth on mustard and lie still for fast relief.
- A warm bath relieves the nasal congestion. This is the easiest remedy for treating nasal congestion at home.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Put 2 inches of apple cider vinegar in a pan and heat. Inhale the fumes of apple cider vinegar. This is another useful remedy for nasal congestion.