Home Remedies for Melasma
Melasma is also called Pregnancy Mask or Mask of Pregnancy. This refers to dark patches on the skin, in the sites of cheeks, temples and forehead. This is die to hyper pigmentation. Aging process increases the severity of the pigmentation. Aging leads to complexion, elasticity of skin and loss of tenderness. This condition is often seen in women using contraceptive pills, hormone replacement therapy and also in pregnant women. Exposing skin to sun also another factor and is mostly observed in tropical climates. Home remedies for melasma can be followed as they are more effective and are inexpensive too.
Home Remedies for Melasma:
Following are some home remedies for melasma.
- Onion Juice: Mix onion juice and vinegar and apply it on the melasma affected areas with a cotton ball. Repeat the process twice in a day for few days. This is an excellent remedy for melasma.
- Vinegar: Mix equal parts of vinegar and water. Use this mixture for cleansing and rinsing face. Be cautious while using this solution is harmful to eyes. Vinegar is an acetic acid that burns old skin cells and allows new, light cells to form. This is also considered as a skin softener.
- Papaya: Mash papaya and apply it as a mask on the face. Leave it for 10 – 20 minutes and rinse with cold water. Papaya induces skin exfoliation. This is another useful remedy for melasma treatment.
- : Apply fresh lemon juice on the affected areas twice a day with a cotton ball. Lemon juice is a natural skin lightener.
- Mint leaves: Extract juice from mint leaves and apply it on the face. This is a good remedy for melasma.
- Cucumber: Peel cucumber and grate it. Add lime juice to grated cucumber and make a fine paste. Apply this on the face and leave it to dry. Rinse with cold water. This is an excellent melasma home remedy.
- Orange: Dry orange peels and make a powder. Mix orange peel powder and 2 tablespoons of curd and prepare paste. Apply it on face and let it dry. Wash off with cold water. This is a widely used remedy for melasma and other skin problems too.