Treatment for Splenomegaly – Home Remedies
Treatment For Splenomegaly helps in treating the problem using home remedies effectively. Splenomegaly is an enlargement of spleen, that usually lies in the left upper quadrant of human abdomen. This is one of the cardinal signs of hypersplenism. Usually, splenomegaly is associated with increased workload, like hemolytic anemias. Hence, this condition is not associated with any disease which involves abnormal red blood cells that are destroyed in spleen. Other causes include infiltration by lymphomas and leukemias and congestion by portal hypertension. Several treatments are available for treating this condition. Certain home remedies can be followed for treating splenomegaly.
Home Remedies for Splenomegaly
Following are some home remedies for splenomegaly:
- Aloe Vera: Extract 20 ml juice from aloe vera and take it twice a day.
- Mustard Seeds: Grind 2 – 4 grams of mustard seeds and have this twice a day. Massage with mustard oil on the effected region. This is a beneficial remedy for splenomegaly.
- Bitter gourd: Add little salt to half cup of bitter gourd juice regularly. This is the most useful natural remedy for splenomegaly.
- Jaggery: Take 1.5 grams of old jaggery and the powder of peel of chebulic myrobalan in equal amounts. Make tablets and take one in the morning and evening along with lukewarm water for a month.
- Bombax ceiba: Prepare decoction from bombax ceiba flowers and take 10 – 20 ml of it thrice a day. This is another effective kitchen remedy for spleen enlargement.
- This is the most useful fruit for treating splenomegaly naturally.
- Eggplant: Regular intake of long eggplant restores spleen to original position.
- Fig: Mash 4 – 5 leaves of sacred fig leaves with sugar candy and add 250 ml of water to it. Take this mixture twice a day. This is an excellent remedy for spleen enlargement.
- Do not consume alcoholic beverages or alcohol.
- Ginger, barberry, catnip, fennel, safflower, thistle, garlic and cascara sagrada helps in healing liver.
- Orange: On empty stomach drink orange juice for a week. This is a natural remedy for spleen enlargement.