Top 6 Natural Remedies For Constipation In Adults
Remedies For Constipation In Adults
Constipation is a difficult and infrequent bowel movement, which can cause a lot of trouble if not addressed in time. Natural Remedies For Constipation In Adults help a person relieve of the pain to pass dry and hard stools. Cabbage, olive oil, grapes, papaya, and a healthy and nutritious and fibrous diet are some of the natural remedies for constipation in adults.
Cabbage For Constipation Cure:
Roughage, an indigestive, waxy material found in cabbage is a dietary fiber which stimulates the intestines for better bowel movements. Sufferers of constipation experience an instant relief from the hard passing of feces.
- Eat raw cabbage with a dash of lime juice and some black pepper sprinkled. Or take ½ cup of cabbage juice.
Grip Constipation Problem With Grapes:
Grapes are considered to be natural laxatives that aid in soft and easy bowel movements. Grapes have cellulose, sugar and organic acids that relieve the pain by toning up the intestine and stomach muscles. Dried and fresh grapes have many health benefits.
- Eat grapes in between the meals. Or include raisins in your diet.
Papaya A Natural Remedy For Infrequent Feces:
Vitamin C, E and other enzymes found in papaya help treat the symptoms of constipation, and relieve the pain of passing difficult and dry stools.
- Eat at least four to five pieces of ripe papaya.Drink papaya juice by blending and straining it with water. Or make delicious papaya milk shakes, by blending and straining it with milk.
Prunes The Natural Laxative:
Prunes have high levels of soluble fiber which supports easy passage of feces from the body. The fiber remains in the colon and speeds up the excreting process without causing pain. Remember to drink lot of liquids and water when you eat prunes. It tends to absorb more water.
- Eat prunes everyday. Or drink prune juice.
Spinach To Treat Constipation Trouble:
Spinach the leafy green vegetable cleanses, and regenerates the intestinal tract. Every day intake helps in smooth bowel movements.
- Include spinach in your diet. Or mix equal quantities or spinach juice and water or carrot juice and drink it twice a day.
Olive Oil Remedy For Hard Stools:
Regular intake of olive oil causes intestinal muscle contractions, which results in bile flow. This in turn softens the hard stools.
- Mix a tablespoon of olive oil with half cup of orange juice (or any other fiber rich fruit or juice) and drink. Or you can take a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil on an empty stomach.
Some Useful Tips To Control Constipation:
- Eat lots of fibrous fruits and vegetables.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Limit processed food.
- Avoid junk food.
- Avoid excesses of cheese.
- Avoid excesses of meat.
- Avoid eating more ice-creams and sugary products.
- Avoid carbonated cold drinks.
- Avoid caffeine/coffee intake.
- Workout. Do some physical exercise.
- Walk every day at least for 20 minutes.
- Avoid consuming alcohol.
- Avoid medicines that could lead to constipation. Talk to your doctor about it.
- Don’t ignore the urge to pass stools.
- Include whole grain and soups in your diet.
Mango, tomato, carrot etc., are some of the other vegetables besides many fibrous fruits that are proven natural remedies for constipation in adults.