Top 6 Home Remedies For Scalp Psoriasis
Remedies For Scalp Psoriasis
Red, scaly, silvery, flaky, and itchy scales on the scalp is the result of a very common skin disease called psoriasis. Home Remedies For Scalp Psoriasis can heal, cure, and alleviate the symptoms, and relieve the patient. Some of the easily found items in the kitchen like olive oil, essential oils, vinegar, and following a healthy diet are only a few of the many home remedies for scalp psoriasis.
Olive Oil For Psoriasis Treatment:
Olive oil treats the redness and the itching associated with the psoriasis disease. It reduces dryness of the scalp by exfoliating the accumulated dead cells. The moisturizing properties of olive oil soften the dry skin, and the anti inflammatory properties of the compound polyphenols can reduce psoriatic plaque.
- Gently massage warm olive oil on the scalp to soften and remove the dry scales of the disease.
- For mild problem: mix two tablespoons of olive oil in a glass full of milk. Add this solution to your bath water.
Salt Remedy For Scaly Scalp:
The national psoriasis foundation and some other researches have demonstrated that the use of Dead Sea salt, sea salt helps with many skin conditions like acne, and psoriasis. The higher levels of magnesium found in the Dead Sea salt is particularly good for skin hydration, and is effective in reducing inflammation. Epsom salt is also recommended as an effective treatment of dry and scaly scalp.
- Add Dead Sea salt to your bath water and soak in it for a few minutes or rinse your scalp with it.
- Add Epsom salt to your bath water to reduce and heal the symptoms of psoriasis.
Fish Oil Home Remedy For Red Scales On Scalp:
Applying fish oil topically on the scalp alleviates the severe symptoms associated with the common disorder of skin, psoriasis. It reduces the dry scales and the thickness of the plaque significantly.
- Gently massage fish oil on the scalp, and cover it for 6 hours before washing it off. Repeat it for 4 weeks.
- Take oral supplements rich in fish oil. (*consult your physician or family doctor before taking any medicines).
Essential Oils To Treat The Symptoms Of Psoriasis:
Chamomile, lavender, geranium, sandalwood, tree tea oil, juniper and some other essential oils are beneficial while treating the symptoms of this skin condition. Carrier oils like jojoba oil, sesame oil, wheat germ, carrot seed oil etc, can also be used to cure the skin disease. The soothing properties help relieve the condition.
*Take enough care not to use the essential oils that promote skin regeneration. Skin regeneration is one of the causes for this condition.
- Mix jojoba oil with aloe Vera. You can add lukewarm olive oil to the solution (optional). Apply this to the scalp, and leave it overnight. Wash it off the next morning with lukewarm or cold water. Hot water should be avoided.
- Mix tree tea oil with a carrier oil and massage it gently on your dry scalp. Keep it overnight. Wash it off with lukewarm water the next day.
Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse Home Remedy:
Apple cider vinegar has a tremendous effect on psoriasis disease. The anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory attributes of vinegar help soothe the itchy scalp, and the swelling. For ages it has been considered as one of the best disinfectants.
- Mix equal quantities of vinegar and water, and shake well. Use this home remedy as an effective rinse for your scaly, itchy, red scalp.
- Gently massage the vinegar on your itchy scalp to get instant relief.
Healthy Diet To Heal Psoriasis Disease:
Healthy diet is always the key to keep any disease away. Include more fruits, vegetables, and pumpkin, sesame, and sunflower seeds. Food rich in vitamin E is very beneficial for dry skin. Cut down spicy, oily, fried, and junk food.
- Include more salads in your food.
- Avoid sugary and high calorie food.
The above mentioned home remedies for scalp psoriasis should be able to treat from mild to severe symptoms associated with the skin disease. But, it is always good to take your doctor’s advice before treating the disease on your own.