Top 4 Treatments For Typhoid Fever At Home
Treatments For Typhoid Fever
High fever, diarrhea, or constipation, abdominal pain, headache, weakness, sore throat, and rash are some of the symptoms that can be cured using Treatments For Typhoid Fever at home. Ingestion of contaminated food or water, or when in contact with an infected person are some of the main causes associated with it. Banana, honey, orange, buttermilk, and cloves are some of the simple and easy home remedies that are used as effective treatments for typhoid fever.
- Bananas Banish Salmonella Typhi:
The anti-bacterial properties of bananas fight off and guard the intestinal walls against the bacteria salmonella typhi, which is the root cause of the disease typhoid. Bananas are rich in potassium treats any digestion related conditions, is easily digested, and are good for people of all ages. Banana is also an excellent cure for diarrhea and constipation, the symptoms of the disease.
- Mash a ripe banana and add a tablespoon of honey to it. Mix well and eat it twice a day for two months to completely recover from the fatigue, and weakness.
- Honey To Heal & Inhibit The Bacterial Growth:
Honey too has anti-microbial, anti-bacterial, and anti-viral characteristics which are useful in curing the condition, and soothing abdominal pain. It alleviates the weakness, and aids in quick recovery. Honey improves the digestion, and is an excellent anthelmintic – an agent that destroys and expels worms, parasites from the intestines.
- Drink a tablespoon full of honey mixed in a glass full of water. A recommended therapy.
- Cloves To Cut Down The Typhoid Bacilli Symptoms:
The anti-bacterial attributes of cloves improve many digestive ailments and helps in proper functioning of the digestive system. It also is an effective remedy to cure the diarrhea symptom associated with the disease.
- Boil 5-6 cloves in 2 glasses full of water (2 liters) till the water is reduced to half. Drink the strained decoction at least thrice a day for a few days.
- Orange For Enteric Fever:
Orange, orange juices and even the rind of orange have many medicinal and nutritional benefits that can alleviate many ailments, and improve over all health. The vitamins, nutrients, and other essential minerals found in it improve the weakness, and relieve the general feeling of discomfort.
- Eat or drink orange juice.
Some Useful Tips:
- Keep the patient in a well ventilated room.
- Maintain patient’s personal hygiene.
- Eat easily digestible food.
- Avoid solid food.
- Take more of sweet lime, apples, and oranges.
- Give boiled water to the patient.
Typhoid Preventive Measures:
- Maintain proper general hygiene.
- Maintain proper sanitation hygiene.
- Wash vegetables and fruits thoroughly before eating.
- Eat food that is properly cooked, and eat it while it is hot and steaming.
- Drinking boiled water and bottle water.
- Avoid eating from street food joints where hygiene standards are low.
- Wash your hands every time before eating.
Buttermilk, black pepper, and basil leaves are some of the other home ingredients that are used as other treatments for typhoid fever.