Top Benefits Of Turmeric On Skin And Health
I have always been a fan of simple home made beauty recipes, as I have a very sensitive skin, which reacts instantly and adversely to any chemical based products. The many Benefits Of Turmeric On Skin surprised me to a great extent and I have since started using it regularly. It is a good option to get even color tone, treat acne, pigmentation and other skin related diseases like eczema and psoriasis. When consumed it has health benefits like controlling and regulating diabetes, preventing alzheimer’s disease etc.
Here Are Some Of The Benefits Of Turmeric On Skin:
- Turmeric reduces dark spots, blemishes, pigmentation, and freckles caused by over exposure to strong sun light and because of other causes. And, it helps maintain an even skin color tone.
- Mix a pinch of this yellow spice in a tablespoon of lemon juice or cucumber juice. Mix well and apply on the face to treat dark pigmentation. Wash it off with water after 20 minutes with lukewarm or cold water. Get a glowing skin with regular use.
- Solve acne problem with it. This is a simple cure to eliminate those ugly pimples from the face.
Mix a pinch of turmeric in a tablespoon of sandalwood powder with some water to make a smooth paste. Very gently apply it on the face and leave it for 20 minutes to treat the blisters. Wash after 20 minutes to have an acne free face.
- Make a body scrub using it as one of the ingredients to have a smooth, clear and evenly toned skin.
- Take 2 tablespoons (or more depending upon the size of your body) of gram flour or chick pea flour and add 2 pinches of turmeric to it. Make a smooth paste of it by adding some milk to it. If your skin is oily then use plain water or rose water to prepare the scrub. This body scrub will exfoliate and moisturize the skin.
- Remove stretch marks with it. To a tablespoon of yogurt add a pinch of the spice and rub it gently on the marks. Rinse after 5 or 10 minutes. Regular use of it will lighten the marks and eventually remove them completely.
- Apply topically the mixture of turmeric and water on skin diseases like eczema, psoriasis, or heal any wounds, cuts and scars with it.
- It is a good home cure to clear black heads. Rub it on the problem area for 5 minutes.
Other Health Benefits Of Turmeric:
- Daily intake of this yellow herb is beneficial in preventing leukemia.
- It prevents Alzheimer’s disease by clearing the accumulated amyloid plaque in the brain.
- It helps prevent breast cancer from spreading.
- The anti-inflammatory properties help with various swellings and inflammations. It prevents and treats swollen and strained muscles, and inflamed joints.
- It is good for arthritis, and helps treat and keep the joints flexible, moist, and strong.
- It aids digestion, improves and strengthens digestive system.
- It is very helpful in regulating and maintaining the metabolism and improving the immunity.
- The anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-microbial turmeric inhibits the growth of many micro-organisms and eventually kills them.
- Due to its anti-septic attributes, turmeric is an excellent home remedy for many cuts, scars, and other skin conditions.
- The anti-bacterial and anti-microbial characteristics are good to fight skin diseases like psoriasis, and other bacteria and fungal conditions.
- It aids and normalizes the blood circulation.
- It fights anaemia.
- It regulates sugar levels in blood.
- It is also useful in somewhat toning down the obesity problem.
These are only few of the many benefits of turmeric on skin. A pinch a day of it can keep many adverse body conditions away.