Top 8 Vaginal Yeast Infection Treatment At Home
Candida, a type of fungus lives in vagina in small numbers but when the acidic levels of it are changed, or when hormonal imbalance occurs it results in itching, bad odor, and white discharge. Vaginal Yeast Infection Treatment is possible and the condition is not life threatening. Cranberry juice, yogurt, rosemary, boric acid, tea tree oil, tea bag, and maintaining good genital hygiene are some of the vaginal yeast infection treatment that can address the condition.
Following Are Some Of The Home Remedies That Can Help Reduce The Condition Effectively:
- Yogurt To Cure Candidiasis:
Anti-microbial yogurt is used as a simple home remedy to cure candidiasis. The vaginal inflammation and itching is addressed. Eating yogurt daily is recommended by many studies for healthy female genital.
- Apply directly yogurt to the affected part or soak a cotton plug or tampon in it and insert it in the genital. Repeat it daily till situation disappears.
- Hydro Therapy To Reduce Inflammation:
Also called as sizts bath, hydro therapy uses water as the simplest way to heal the condition. It is also used to treat piles, urinary tract and bladder infections, vaginal fissures and many other states.
- Fill half the tub with warm water and soak the affected part or body in it for 20 minutes. Do not use hot water.
- Boric Acid For Infection Free Vagina:
Boric acid is an effective cure to get rid of yeast infection in vagina by increasing the pH levels. It is a healing and cleaning agent, and prevents infections from spreading. It also calms down the irritation and itching associated with the situation. Anti-septic, anti-fungal, and a healer it reduces the inflammation and fights off the bacterial and fungal infections.
- Insert the boric acid capsules in the vagina as high as you can. The moisture and wetness in vagina will cause the capsule to melt and release the boric acid.
- Rosemary To Reduce Itching In Vagina:
Rosemary is used as an anti-bacterial agent, and it also helps relieve the itching and burning sensation caused by the yeast.
- Steep rosemary in water and strain the solution. Use this tea as a douche to clear the problem. Or apply it externally to relieve the burning and itching.
- Apply Cider Vinegar To Cure Vaginosis:
The acidic nature of apple cider vinegar can help restore the acidic levels or the pH levels of the female reproductive organ and creates an environment inside it to inhibit and eventually clear the infection and the fungi. If in doubt you can also use lemon juice instead of vinegar.
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of vinegar to two cups of water and douche. Or add 3 cups of vinegar to your bath water and soak your body in it to treat the condition.
- Tea Tree oil Douche:
The white or yellow discharge that is thick and odorless is often associated with the candida fungi. Tea tree oil is efficient against the condition because of its anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-microbial characteristics.
- Mix 1 part of tea tree oil in 5 parts of water. Mix well to make a diluted solution. Soak a tampon in this mixture and place it inside vagina every night until the infection persists.
- Cranberry Juice To Treat Thrush:
Cranberries are known to strengthen the urinary tract, prevent and fight off any disease, condition, or infection related to female genital.
- Drink cranberry juice or dab a cotton ball in it and apply externally.
- Tea Bag Treatment For Vaginosis:
Tannic acid in tea helps maintain the pH levels, reduces swelling and inflammation, and alleviates the discomfort.
- Boil a tea bag in a cup of water. Remove from heat and let the tea bag cool. Now directly apply it on the genital or use it as a douche.
Other Important Points:
- Wearing neat, clean, and dry underwear is good.
- Avoid wearing too tight under garments is recommended.
- Wearing cotton underwear is good.
- Avoid sharing towels and under garments.
- If possible avoid public toilets.
- Avoid using harsh soaps on genitals.
These are some of the vaginal yeast infection treatment tips that can be tried at home, but if the problem persists then it is advisable to see a doctor.