Top 21 Home Cures For Bronchitis
Cures For Bronchitis
Air is inhaled into the lungs through bronchial tubes. Inflammation of these tubes causes swelling, narrowing of them and promoting mucus formation. Cures For Bronchitis can fight off the bacteria, virus, or certain chemicals causing the inflammation and treat the condition adequately. Onions, garlic, ginger, lemon, turmeric, honey, licorice, orange, and many other ingredients which are easily found in the kitchen can be used as effective cures for bronchitis.
- Take a glass of lukewarm or hot milk and add a teaspoon of turmeric and drink it before sleeping to get relief from the shortness of breath. It relaxes the coughing and other symptoms of the condition.
- Take a tablespoon of dried ginger, cloves, black pepper, cardamom, and cinnamon. Crush and blend it into a powder.Add half a teaspoon of this freshly prepared powder to a cup of regular tea and boil. Drink it to relieve the symptoms of bronchitis.
- Onions have expectorant properties that can heal the severity of breathing and respiratory problems.Take a teaspoon of onion juice every day in the morning. And for energy mix a teaspoon of onion juice and honey.
- Inhale steam to expel sputum from the body. Boil two glasses of water for 10 to 15 minutes and inhale the steam by covering your head with a towel. If you want add a few drops of eucalyptus or peppermint oil.
- Drink plenty of liquids. Plain water is the best remedy, or people can take fruit juices, and vegetable extracts. Fluids in body help get rid of phlegm easily.Drinking lukewarm liquids aids in not only expelling mucus, but also soothes the irritation in the throat.
- Gargle with salt water to soothe the throat irritation, cut the phlegm, and expel the mucus.Take a cup of lukewarm water and add a pinch of salt to it. Hot water and extra salt can have adverse effect on the condition.
- Almonds are an excellent home remedy to cure respiratory related problems. It is rich in potassium, magnesium, calcium, and several other vitamins and nutrients that are essential for the situation.Eat almonds between meals or soak them overnight and blend into a paste. Add this to a glass of warm milk and drink.
- Lemon acts as an anti-bacterial agent and cures the problem by fighting off the bacteria causing breathing problems.Drink lemon tea everyday by boiling a cup of tea with scraped rinds of lemon and boil it for 5 minutes. Or simply add a teaspoon of lemon juice to a cup of lukewarm water and gargle. It will cut and expel the mucus out.
- Bay leaves are believed to have expectorant attributes and are a good remedy for smooth airway passage.Make bay leaves tea by boiling it in a cup of water for 5 to 10 minutes. Or make a poultice of it. Boil the leaves and wrap it in a neat cotton cloth and place it on the chest for benefits.
- Licorice has anti-inflammatory, reducing sore throat, and mucus expelling properties.Boil a quarter of licorice root in two cups of water for 15 to 20 minutes. Strain and drink. But it should be taken under medical supervision and should not be taken for more than 6 weeks or else it would have adverse effect on liver.
- Marshmallows are known for their contribution towards dry cough treatment and cuts mucus.Boil a teaspoon of it in a cup of water for 10 minutes before straining and drinking it.
- Garlic has many medicinal properties and is used as an excellent remedy to fight the bronchitis causing bacteria. It is also beneficial as an expectorant and aids in removing phlegm from the lungs.Eat 2-3 raw cloves of garlic every day or crush and add it to the cooking.
- Thyme has been used in many cough syrups as an essential ingredient due to its anti-bacterial, anti-spasmodic, and other valuable properties.Steep a cup of water with a teaspoon of dried thyme herb for 5 to 10 minutes. Strain and sip.
- Peppermint leaves clear the airway passages due to its anti-bacterial and anti-viral characteristics, clears mucus, and eases breathing process.Steep a teaspoon of fresh or dried leaves of peppermint in water and sip it. Or take steam of it by adding a few drops to boiling water and inhale it.
- Ginger for long has been treated as the best home remedy to cure and prevent any respiratory related problems. It eases breathing, relaxes lungs, expels mucus, and soothes soreness in the throat.Drink ginger tea by steeping a cup of regular tea with an inch of crushed ginger root. Or extract ginger juice, mix it with honey and take a teaspoon of it. Or add it to the cooking.
- Mix in equal quantities flaxseeds, honey, sesame seeds, and a pinch of regular salt. Mix well and take a teaspoon of it every night before sleeping.
- Make a good emulsion of almonds and orange juice. Lemon juice can also be used instead of orange juice. Mix almonds into a paste and add it to a cup of juice and drink.
- Soak flaxseeds in warm water and make a paste. Place this in a neat cotton cloth and put it directly on the chest to ease the breathing and remove the phlegm.
- Very gently massage castor oil on the chest.
- Drink cabbage juice each day.
- Drink orange juice.
These are a few cures for bronchitis at home that can give relief from the swelling, but if the symptoms persist and in your case the remedies are not working then kindly see a doctor immediately.