Top 15 Shiny Hair Tips At Home
Shiny Hair Tips
Long or short, lustrous, silky, voluminous, and thick hair is every person’s desire, but, not all are lucky enough to be blessed with it. Many have dry, frizzy, and lifeless curls who would love to know Shiny Hair Tips to try. Expensive salon treatments and costlier hair products are not affordable to all. Unhealthy lifestyle, pollutions, dirt, exposure to harsh sunlight, and strong chemicals in certain products are the responsible factors for the dull curls. The following shiny hair tips can help instill life in them once again.
Following Are The Easy Home Remedies:
- Lemon is rich in vitamin A, B, C, and other essential nutrients and minerals and antioxidants that help remove dandruff, nourish, and make the hair look healthier.
- Squeeze a few drops of lemon and massage the scalp with it and wash it off after 15 minutes. Or soak squeezed lemon in water overnight. Rinse the hair with it the next morning.
- Aloe vera gel traps the natural oils and moisture in the hair and makes it shine and look healthy. Evaporated moisture is one of the reasons for the frizzy look.
- Mix a teaspoon of aloe vera gel with your favorite shampoo and mix well. Or make a conditioner by mixing equal parts of the gel and olive oil and a few drops of lemon juice. Rinse after a few minutes.
- Eggs are rich in proteins which are the building blocks of hair. Eggs nourish the curls; provide shine, silky texture, and volume to them.
- Beat one (two or three depending upon the length of the hair) egg and mix two teaspoons of olive oil. Stir well and apply it to the hair. Rinse after few minutes.
- Tea leaves are very useful in the situation, as it makes the hair look shiny. It is also beneficial in stopping hair fall, and coloring grey hair.
- Boil tea leaves in 2 cups of water. Strain it and let it cool. Use this decoction as an after rinse. Shampoo your hair, wash it and then rinse it with the prepared decoction. Gently massage the hair as you pour the mixture. Leave it for a few minutes and then rinse it with water.
- Apple cider vinegar is another home remedy that can help treat the dullness of the hair.
- Add quarter of a cup of apple cider vinegar to your bathing water. Rinse the hair with it to make it lively, silky, and lustrous.
- Beer helps the hair shine, grow healthy and lustrous.
- Rinse your hair with flat beer after it fizzes out. After a few minutes wash it with water.
- Baking soda helps remove the grease and dirt from the hair, and adds shine.
- Add some baking soda to the shampoo and wash your hair. Or rinse with it after using shampoo. Let it treat for a few minutes before washing it clean.
- Honey is a natural moisturizer and it helps trap the natural oils present. It treats the brittle, frizzy, dry, and dull hair fine.
- Mix a teaspoon or two of honey and a few drops of lemon juice. Mix this with water and use it as a rinse. Wash it after a few minutes.
- Massaging the head with hot oil once in 15 days or a month strengthens the roots, treats the dandruff problem, and makes the mane lustrous. The hot oil treatment nourishes the hair well and adds volume.
- Take two to three teaspoons of olive, coconut, or any essential oil. Heat it lightly and massage the scalp and hair from root to tip. Cover head with a cloth and leave it for 20 to 30 minutes and clean.
- Yogurt and mustard oil too are useful in giving volume and shine to the mane.
- Mix a tablespoon of yogurt, a teaspoon of mustard oil, and a few drops of lemon juice and smear the hair with it for a few minutes.
- Fenugreek is another ingredient that is easily available in the kitchen and is efficient in treating dryness of the mane.
- Soak fenugreek seeds overnight. Make a fine paste of it the next morning and use it.
- Hibiscus flowers too are a good option in treating the condition.
- Soak a handful of hibiscus flowers in a glass of water. Strain and squeeze the flowers. Use this water before shampooing.
- Hair packs are a good way of conditioning and getting rid of the grease, dirt, dryness, and dullness.
- Take two teaspoons of fuller’s earth, a teaspoon of gram flour, a teaspoon of yogurt, half a lemon squeezed and ¼ to ½ cup vinegar to make a paste. Smear the paste on the scalp and apply it to each hair strand. Cover it with a shower cap or a plastic bag for 30 minutes and wash it.
- Home made shampoo also comes handy in treating this situation.
- Beat an egg, to it add a teaspoon each of olive oil, lemon juice, castile soap or olive oil based soap, a few drops of your favorite essential oil and half cup herbal tea. Mix all the listed items to make a shampoo. Use it and wash with water.
- Glycerin makes the mane shinier and silky and tangle free.
- Take equal parts of glycerin, castor oil, olive oil, brown vinegar, your favorite shampoo and conditioner. Mix all well and use it before shampooing.
These are a few shiny hair tips that will give bright, tangle free, voluminous, lustrous, and beautiful curls that wind would love to play with.