Top 11 Home Remedies For Jaundice In Adults
Cure For Jaundice In Adults
The yellow color of skin and the whites of eyes is caused when the levels of bilirubin in blood increases. But, in grown ups it could be an indication of liver problem, gallstones, cancer, or obstructed bile ducts are some of the reasons. Cure For Jaundice In Adults can be effectively treated at home with turmeric, honey, sugar cane juice, lime juice, and many other items that are found in the kitchen. Apart from these remedies, enough rest is very essential to fully recover.
Treating Jaundice In Adults At Home: Following are a few tips that can help recover from the condition in addition to any prescription from the doctor.
- Turmeric is a very effective remedy in curing gallstones, liver problems, and jaundice.
- In a glass of hot water mix a quarter teaspoon of turmeric powder and drink it twice or thrice a day.
- Papaya is a good and effective treatment against liver problems, and cancer which can result in jaundice. Papaya leaves, seeds, and bark along with the fruit can be used.
- Take some tender leaves of papaya and make a paste of it. Consume half a teaspoon of this paste mixed with a teaspoon honey.
- Lemon juice or a decoction of its leaves helps prevent any liver condition and repairs the damaged cells of it, thereby curing jaundice.
- Drink lemon juice. Or boil handful of lemon leaves (around 10) in a cup of water for five minutes. Consume this prepared jaundice remedy for 3-5 days.
- Ginger prevents cancer, and protects liver from different problems and ensures normal function.
- Drink ginger juice everyday. Or make a cocktail of a teaspoon each of lemon and mint juice. To it add half a teaspoon of ginger juice. Mix and take it everyday.
- Radish purifies the blood, ensures normal function of stomach and liver, and it also acts as a detoxifier. It also keeps the levels of bilirubin in check.
- Drink a cup of juice extract of black radish. Or pound the fresh leaves of radish and strain the juice extract. Drink a cup of it everyday.
- Tomato is a blood purifier, increases appetite, and cures the yellowing of skin and eyes.
- Extract fresh tomato juice and add a little bit of black pepper and salt to it. Stir well and drink it every morning before consuming anything else.
- Carrot heals, rejuvenates, and detoxifies liver and prevents and treats many liver related problems including jaundice.
- Consume a glass of carrot juice daily.
- Sugarcane juice helps in normal function of liver, bile secretion, and maintains the required levels of bilirubin in blood.
- Add some lime juice to a glass of sugarcane juice and mix it well. Consume it twice a day.
- Jaundice berry is a bitter tonic to cure the liver dysfunction. Bark of this herb is very useful in the situation.
- Pound and powder the bark of jaundice berry and consume a quarter of a teaspoon everyday. Or extract the juice of the berry and take a teaspoon of it.
- Plums detoxify, strengthen, and improve the function of liver. It also purifies the blood, improves appetite, and aids in proper functioning of digestive system.
- Consume plums everyday or drink the juice.
- Barley water is easy to digest, and will provide with necessary nutrition in the condition. It also removes toxins from the liver and blood and purifies them. It aids in proper liver and digestive function.
- Make a decoction by boiling a cup of barley in three liters of water for three hours. Drink often in a day.
Other Useful Points:
- Take enough rest and do not stress yourself with work.
- Eat light and easily digestible food.
- Avoid spicy, oily, fried, and junk food.
- Avoid meat and dairy products.
- Avoid alcohol and tobacco.
- Avoid carbonated drinks and caffeine.
- Avoid sugary products and processed eatables.
- Eat water fruits like water melon.
- Be on fruit juice diet until the symptoms subside and after that consume fruits for the next five days.
These are a few of the remedies that can cure jaundice in adults. But, it is better to consult the doctor and get yourself examined first before starting the self treatment.