Top 8 Tips On Gastritis Cure At Home
Last week, one of my friends complained about pain in abdomen while drinking and a bloody vomiting scared us all. Drinking too much of alcohol was the diagnosis. He looked for some home
after getting discharged from the hospital. Pain in the abdomen, swelling of the gastric lining, lack of appetite, and vomiting feeling are some of the symptoms of the condition. It could also be a result of infection, or side effect of certain drugs.
Carrots, ginger, licorice, coconut water, and yogurt are the most simple and easily found home remedies that will not only cure the symptoms but also nourish the system and fight any infection.
Ginger is a strong antioxidant, aids in proper functioning of digestion, improves immunity, and eliminates bacteria responsible for the damage, and swelling of the abdominal lining. It is useful in lowering and eventually curing all the symptoms like nausea, restores the natural appetite.
- Consume a teaspoon of ginger juice every morning. You can mix it with honey. Or simply peel, wash, and chew a small piece of the root.
Carrots have flavonoids that are good anti-oxidants and are helpful in fighting off the free oxygen radicals that weaken the immune system by damaging the body cells. The anti-inflammatory attributes help lower the swelling and pain of the stomach lining.
- Drink carrot juice daily.
The useful microbes in yogurt fight the harmful bacteria, control and eventually heal the damage caused by them, and reduce all the associated symptoms. Yogurt is also beneficial in improving the immune system and its response against any dangerous intruders in the body.
- Eat yogurt everyday. Or drink buttermilk daily.
Honey is an old remedy in curing the inflamed gastric lining, decreasing the associated pain, easing the discomfort, and lowering the production of acid in the digestive system to have a soothing effect. Honey also heals the damage caused to the stomach lining, and prevents extreme cases like blood in vomiting. The anti-bacterial activity treats the condition in case it is caused by bacteria.
- Take a teaspoon of pure honey everyday.
Anti-microbial, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and healing properties of licorice are very essential in treating gastritis correctly. It also improves the appetite, corrects the digestion process, and fights fatigue. It also relieves all the associate symptoms of the condition.
- Take a teaspoon of licorice juice extract everyday on empty stomach. But make sure you consult a doctor before using it, as it has some side effects too.
Potato is a good home remedy to correct the digestive system, treat the fullness, and reduces the swelling of the stomach lining. It also heals the damage caused by excessive alcohol consumption, spicy food, junk food, or infection by bacteria.
- Drink plain potato juice. If that is not palatable, add lime juice or apple juice to make it more drinkable.
- Coconut Water:
Coconut water replenishes the lost nutrients, rehydrates the body, and cleanses the toxins and microbes. It boosts immune system, strengthens the lining of the stomach, and soothes the uneasiness and pain. It also improves the blood circulation and helps the digestive system work normally.
- Drink coconut water every day until the improvement is evident.
Marigolds are rich in flavonoids, which act as anti-oxidants and protect against any damage to the cells. Marigold or calendula reduces the swelling of the gastric lining, soothes the discomfort and eases the pain. The anti-bacterial properties eliminate the microbes responsible for the infection, and the immune-stimulant attributes increases the immune response against any microbial attack.
- Drink tea infusion of it by boiling a few petals of the herb in water.
- Eat fruits, vegetables, and leafy greens which are not only beneficial in cleansing the body but also in nourishing and boosting the immune system.
- Drink fresh fruit juices and soups over carbonated drinks, tea and coffee.
- Avoid alcohol completely.
- Avoid smoking tobacco.
- Avoid substance abuse.
- Avoid eating spicy, junk, processed, packaged, sugary, and bakery products.
- Include whole grains.
- Drink plenty of water every day to flush out any building toxins.
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness.
These tips on gastritis cure should be able to get rid of the condition effectively and also adequately prepare and strengthen the body’s natural defenses against any harmful foreign bodies.