Top 11 Tips For Low Hemoglobin Treatment At Home
When I climbed two floors to reach my friend’s home I was gasping for breath, sweating, and was almost feeling giddy. My friend’s doctor brother helped me relax. He immediately checked me and recommended I take a course for Low Hemoglobin Treatment. He was surprised to know that I have most of my life been an anemic patient. He got a bit angry and insisted I not only complete the course he suggested, but follow a healthy lifestyle and diet.
Low Hemoglobin Treatment Symptoms:
The signs of anemia can differ from one individual to another depending upon their hemoglobin levels. But, in case of severe clues it is better to consult a doctor at the earliest. Some of the symptoms are mentioned here:
- Shortness of breath
- Palpitations/rapid heart beat
- Pale skin
- Hair loss
- Ringing in ears
- Yellow or white color of nails and cracked or brittle nails
- Memory loss
- General discomfort
- Restless leg syndrome etc.
Causes: There could be many reasons for low hemoglobin content, but the following are some of the reasons that play a major role.
- Iron deficiency
- Lack of nutritional food intake
- Heavy bleeding during periods
- Loss of blood
- Chronic medical conditions
- Kidney disease
- Thalassemia etc.
Home Remedies For Anemia: Simple changes in everyday routine life, eating habits, and following the tips mentioned here can be very beneficial.
- Blackstrap Molasses: Rich in vitamin B, iron, magnesium, copper, potassium, and many other vital nutrients and minerals are found aplenty in blackstrap molasses. It has been suggested since ages to improve the low hemoglobin levels in the red blood cells.
- Use blackstrap molasses in cooking. Or dip pancakes in it.
- Beetroot: Beetroots energizes a tired body by providing vitamin B, magnesium, vitamin C, phosphorus, potassium, iron, calcium, folic acids, proteins, and many other minerals and nutrients.
- Eat beetroot raw as salad, or use it in cooking delicious and nutritious dishes.
- Spinach: Magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, calcium, folic acid, iron, vitamin A, B, C, and E, zinc, proteins, and omega 3 fatty acids besides many other nutritional values. It fights anemia and increases the hemoglobin levels.
- Drink spinach juice. Eat it as raw salad, or include it in cooking.
- Legumes: Legumes provide energy to the body, fights weakness, improves memory, increases muscle tone, and aids in brain functioning. The many minerals, and nutrients and rich vitamins essential for adequate hemoglobin levels in red blood cells is provided by legumes. High in proteins, B complex vitamins, etc are very beneficial in treating the condition.
- Include legumes in your daily cooking.
- Nuts: Cashew nuts, peanuts, almonds, raisins, walnuts, cedar nut, pistachio, etc are some of the nuts that can treat the condition efficiently because of the high levels of protein, vitamins, and nutrients found in them. Vitamins A, B, C, E, iron, calcium, protein, amino acids, folic acids, magnesium, potassium, calcium, etc are found in abundance in these nuts.
- Eat nuts everyday in between meals. Or add them to your cuisines.
- Milk And Cheese: Dairy products like milk, cheese, tofu, paneer, etc are a good source of high protein, and provide the weak body with energy and vitamins, nutrients, and minerals. It helps fight the fatigue, muscle weakness, and calcium deficiency.
- Drink milk twice a day. Include cheese, tofu, paneer in your cooking. Avoid it if you are allergic to lactose.
- Eggs: Eggs are a great source of proteins, iron, and numerous other essential vitamins, amino acids, and minerals. It fuels the body with energy, prevents headache, hair loss, treats numbness and other symptoms associated with anemia.
- Eat an egg everyday. Boiled, fried, or in any other way include it in your daily food.
- Liver: Beef liver in particular is highly recommended for treating anemia. It reduces any deficiency in the body, is rich in iron and vitamin B, improves brain functioning and saves memory loss. The nutrients present in beef liver help prevent dizziness, tiredness, low levels of hemoglobin in the red blood cells and treats all the associated symptoms.
- Eat beef liver.
- Meat: Low fat meat improves cardiovascular health, energizes the body, has highest amount of iron, and is good for treating the general discomfort. It is better to go for dark colored meat, as it has more amount of iron. Do not eat high fat meat though.
- Eat meat at least once a week.
- Chicken: Chicken provides vitamin B which is very essential for addressing the condition appropriately. Increases immunity, improves bone health, aids in normal functioning of nervous system, and overall health.
- Include chicken in your food.
- Prunes: An excellent way to treat anemia, improve body’s vitality, aids in red blood cells production, enhances blood circulation, and aids in addressing the situation properly. Riboflavins, vitamin A, B, C, iron, proteins, calcium, potassium, phosphorus etc are very beneficial in overall health.
- Eat prunes in between meals. Or drink a glass of prune juice.
These low hemoglobin treatment tips at home can address the problem of anemia efficiently. In addition, oysters, bran flakes, chickpeas, green peas, kidney beans, etc should also be included in daily food. Apart from all this, include a happy and healthy lifestyle, stay away from alcohol, avoid tobacco, work out regularly, and eat fruits, leafy greens and vegetables each day.