Top 12 Tips For Relieving Ear Ache
Relieving Ear Ache
A sharp pain, swelling, lack of sensation in the ear, buzzing sound, itching, hearing loss in case of severe infection, and thick discharge from the ear are some of the signs that can be treated with simple home remedies.
Relieving Ear Ache is possible using kitchen ingredients like garlic, ginger, clove, olive oil, coconut oil, and many other items. Infection in the ear, minor injury, damage, scarring, allergies, and family history are some of the causes for this condition.
Home Remedies For Relieving Ear Ache Tips: The following home cure tips will ease the signs of earache and provide instant relief.
- Oregano Oil: Oregano oil reduces the pain in the ear, decreases the swelling, redness, and prevents and treats any bacterial infection. The anti-viral, anti-fungal, and anti-microbial properties of the oil are very useful in treating the condition. This oil fights infection, heals any injury to the ear, and reduces the inflammation.
- Mix in equal ratios oregano and extra virgin olive oil. Dip a cotton swab in it and place it in the ear but do not insert it in.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil has characteristics that aid in relieving the pain in the ear. Anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, anti-bacterial, and anti-viral attributes decreases the swollen lining, heal any damage or injury to the ear, and cure ear pain caused by flu, cold, and infection. It is also beneficial in clearing the wax which is also a reason for ear pain.
- Warm the oil and using a cotton swab clean and apply the oil to the ear cavity for prompt relief. Or place the cotton swab in the ear cavity.
- Tea Tree Oil: The healing properties of tea tree oil are very essential in treating the situation aptly. The anti-septic, anti-inflammatory, disinfectant, and anti-microbial characteristics of the oil come very handy in curing and relieving the pain. It cleans the wounds, repairs the damage, and heals the skin.
- Prepare a solution of tea tree oil and olive oil in the ratio of 1:20 and using a cotton ball or a dropper put a drop in the ear.
- Chamomile Oil: Using a pin, pencil, match stick, or any other sharp object to clear the wax in the ear can lead to cut, scar, injury, or damage. This can also lead to potential bacteria infection which results in swelling of the ear lining, redness, severe pain, itching, and general discomfort feeling. To address all these signs and issues related to the condition the attributes of chamomile oil are very beneficial. This oil reduces the redness, pain, swelling, itching, and heals the injury.
- Press the used chamomile tea bags to the ear or boil dried leaves in water and soak a cloth in it and press it against the ear. Or simply warm the oil and squeeze a drop in the ear. Do not overheat the oil or bag. It would burn the ear and damage it further.
- Clove Oil: The many medicinal and health benefits of clove aid in relieving the pain and also fight against any bacterial and microbial infection. Known for its instant relief providing ability, clove oil is often used for earache problem.
- Put a drop of clove oil in the ear cavity.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is known to provide instant relief from the symptoms of this issue and soothe the itching and pain. The anti-bacterial property clears the infection, and the anti-inflammatory character of coconut oil reduces the swelling.
- Apply coconut oil to the ear or put a drop of it in the ear.
- Hydrogen Peroxide: Hydrogen peroxide helps clear the built up ear wax, relieves the pain, soothes the itching, and fights infection. It also eases the associated symptoms of the problem.
- Put 3 to 5 drops of 3% hydrogen peroxide in the ear. Tilt the head so that the diluted solution of it does not come out of the ear. Wait for 10 minutes before splashing fresh water to clean the ear.
- Ginger: The swelling and pain in the ear can very effectively be cured by this herbal root, ginger. The many medicinal properties of ginger help get rid of the symptoms and treat the problem adequately. It is also useful in clearing any infection in the ear, help remove the built up wax, and relieve the itching.
- Extract ginger juice and pour a drop of it in the ear cavity.
- Garlic: Garlic relieves the ear problem because of its many characteristics. Anti-bacterial properties work against bacterial action, anti-inflammatory characteristic reduces the swollen ear lining due to infection or any other reason, and also decrease the pain associated with it.
- Crush a clove of garlic and wrap it in a tissue. Place this in the ear cavity without inserting it in. Or take a drop of garlic oil to cure the problem.
- Onions: Onions for earache is a very old remedy and it corrects the issue sufficiently. It relaxes the tensed ear, reduces the inflamed lining, and eliminates the microbial activity that causes itching, redness, and pain.
- Boil, pound and extract juice from an onion and dip a cotton ball or cloth in it and press it against the ear.
- Licorice: Licorice herb helps decrease the earache, lower the inflammation, and treat the general discomfort feeling this conditions results in. It also adequately addresses all the signs of this situation and provides instant relief.
- Heat some licorice herb in butter and make a paste. Apply this on the ear externally and experience the relief.
- Radish: This root vegetable will reduce the ache, clear the wax, address the discomfort, and decrease the inflammation and other associated symptoms. It also has essential compounds to fight ear infection and soothe the itching.
- Finely chop some radish and sauté it in mustard oil. Use this oil to treat the ear infection.
For relieving ear ache it is better to consult a doctor to over rule any other underlying cause. Along with the prescribed medicines, the above mentioned home remedies can help the condition adequately.