Tips To Clear Dark Spots On Face
Skin is the largest organ of the body and it protects the body from many different conditions and diseases. The skin color is also an indicator of our health. Dark Spots On Face could be a result of hormonal imbalance, poor nutrition, some disease, or any other under lying cause. Simple home remedies like tomato, cucumber, papaya, lemon, honey, etc can be used to deal with the problem of hyper-pigmentation and correct the problem to a larger extent.
Causes Of Dark Spots On Face:
The following are only a few of the reasons that can result in the dark colored marks on the face.
- Hormonal imbalance
- Liver disease
- Over exposure harmful sun rays
- Aging factor
Symptoms For Hyper-Pigmentation:
The signs of melasma can be as follows:
- Patches of dark pigmentation on face and other parts that are exposed to direct sunlight
- Dark spots
- Brown spots
- Freckles etc.
Home Remedies For The Spots:
The below mentioned tips can be very helpful in reducing the darkness of the marks and even the tone and color of the skin.
Apple Cider Vinegar:
The mildly acidic nature of vinegar helps lighten the dark spots problem. It also balances the pH levels and tones the skin evenly. It also improves the blood circulation and improves skin health. Vinegar is the fermented extract of apples and is full of all the vitamins and nutrients found in the fruit.
- Add some vinegar to your cooking. Add 3 tablespoons of vinegar to bathing water and wash your face with it.
The citric acid in pineapple helps reduce the dark spots on the face and result in even color and tone of the skin. The numerous vitamins, enzymes, nutrients, and minerals in the fruit will lighten the dark color spots. It addresses the wrinkles, fine lines, age spots, and exfoliates the dead cells.
- Dip a cotton swab in pineapple juice and apply it on the skin and leave it for 15 minutes before washing it off with tepid water. Or directly apply some soft pulp of the fruit for the same time period.
The many enzymes found in this delicious and nutritious fruit has been known for a long time as a good home remedy to treat the problem of dark and brown spots. It not only nourishes the skin from inside, but from outside too, exfoliates the dead cells, evens the skin tone and color, and also treats the fine wrinkle lines and age spots too!
- Eat papaya regularly. Rub the pulp of papaya on the skin and leave it for 15 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
The acidic nature of lemon juice is very essential in improving blood circulation, eliminating toxins, and treating the problem of dark pigmentation effectively. It also cleanses the skin and exfoliates it.
- Mix lemon juice with some fresh cream and massage the spots. Leave it for 15 minutes and then wash it with tepid water.
Honey is a simple and good way of treating the problem adequately and lightening the marks. It also moisturizes the skin, clears it, and evens the tone.
- Wash the face and directly apply a layer of honey. Leave it for a few minutes before rinsing.
Since ages milk has been considered a good home remedy to tackle the problem of freckles. It will also remove the fine lines of wrinkles; whiten the dark marks, and even the tone.
- Dab a cotton ball in raw, cold milk and use it on the marks. Wash the part with lukewarm water.
Horseradish lightens the hyper-pigment marks, bleaches it, and reduces the darkness of it. It wards off the dead skin layer, evens the skin tone, smoothens the texture, and lightens it.
- Take a teaspoon of the horseradish root powder; to it add enough lemon juice and a few drops of vinegar. Mix well and use on the marks.
Yogurt is an excellent ingredient to reduce the darkness of the age spots, freckles, and blemishes caused by various reasons. It lightens the marks, removes the dead skin, exposes the fresh and evenly colored and toned skin, and bleaches it.
- Either apply yogurt directly or mix a few drops of lemon juice to it and wait for 15 minutes before cleaning it.
The astringent affect of cucumber juice is used as a bleaching agent in many beauty treatments and is also beneficial in toning the skin, lightening the freckles, and clearing the wrinkles.
- Rub cucumber slice on brown spots to whiten them. Or dab the spots with cucumber’s juice extract.
The spice turmeric has been known for long for its lightening properties. It is an active ingredient in many beauty products and cosmetics and is well liked as a home remedy too.
- Make a paste of turmeric and water, apply it on the freckles, allow it to dry and then wash with tepid water.
Tomato is known for its bleaching properties which are very helpful in reducing the pigmentation problem. Regular use of this natural skin lightening vegetable helps in correcting the problem effectively. It is very effective in treating the sun burn marks too.
- Use tomato juice on the skin or rub the pulp of it.
Aloe Vera Gel:
This plant is very beneficial in addressing the problem of age spots, dark spots, melasma, freckles, scars, and other spots. It rejuvenates the skin, exfoliates dead cells, exposes new layer, and repairs it.
- Extract fresh gel from the leaves of aloe vera plant and directly use it to whiten the dark spots.
It is always beneficial to follow a few precautionary measures to avoid the problem.
- Eat nutritious food.
- Avoid oily, sugary, processed, and packaged food.
- Avoid alcohol, tobacco, and caffeine as they dehydrated the body and leave the skin drier and aged.
- Include more fruits, veggies, and leafy greens in your daily food.
- Avoid going out in harsh sun light.
- Always use a sunscreen with SPF more than 30.
- Use shades and umbrella for proper sun protection.
- Follow a daily skin regime of exfoliating, cleansing, and moisturizing the skin.
- Work out every day for at least 30 to 45 minutes.
- Meditate and relax to fight stress etc.
These are some of the remedies for
dark spots on face
which can help fade the marks. But, for addressing the underlying conditions and reasons, it is better to consult a dermatologist.