What Are The Cirrhosis Treatments At Home?
Purifying the blood, eliminating toxins from the body, absorbing healthy nutrients from food, producing bile juice, and recycling blood are some of the main functions of a healthy liver.
are meant to restore the normal function of the liver or prevent any further damage to it. Inflammation, damage, and scarring of liver leads to this condition which cannot be cured, but only further damage can be prevented. Let us know more about the cirrhosis treatments, causes, symptoms, and prevention for the condition.
- Alcohol consumption leads to irreparable damage to the liver cells
- Hepatitis B or C causes damage to the liver cells
- Autoimmune liver diseases
- Measles virus in some cases
- Hemolytic anemia
- Family history
- In some cases urinary tract infection
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease caused by obesity and diabetes
- Presence of iron in excess amounts
- Wilson’s disease
- Cystic fibrosis etc
- Pain in stomach and discomfort
- Fluid accumulation in abdomen
- Fluid accumulation in legs
- Nose bleeds
- Damaged and bleeding veins in the digestive system
- Loss of weight
- Weakness of muscles
- Red spots on the skin with spider angiomas
- Palm redness
- Yellow skin
- Loss of appetite
- Loss of blood because of weakened blood clotting ability etc
A life threatening condition, the damage caused by cirrhosis cannot be repaired but only with the following home remedies, active lifestyle and healthy eating the severity of the situation can be controlled.
- Lemon For Liver Detoxification:
Lemon is an excellent choice of treatment to contain the liver damage. It helps to detox or eliminate the toxins in the liver and blood. It purifies the blood, enables the natural defense mechanism to fight infections, and reduces the inflammation. Lemon juice improves liver functions, prevents osteoporosis, corrects nausea feeling, and has anti-cancer properties to counter the complications cirrhosis can lead to. It also energizes the body, strengthens the weak muscles, improves digestion, and eliminates toxins by promoting frequent urination.
- Take a glass of warm water, to it add the juice of a full lemon and add a pinch of salt. Mix well and drink it every night before sleeping or every morning on empty stomach.
- Yogurt For Healthy Liver:
Yogurt helps reduce the bad cholesterol in the blood, helps in controlling weight, and preventing cirrhosis caused by obesity and excess fat accumulation. Yogurt helps maintain the functions of liver and improves its condition, controls high sugar levels, and provides nutrition and energy to the body. The good bacteria in yogurt are very useful in fighting infections, and reducing the severity of the symptoms.
- Eat at least 2 to 3 cups of yogurt or drink a glass of buttermilk everyday.
- Carrot For Cirrhosis Of Liver:
Rich in vitamins, minerals, nutrients, and antioxidants, carrots increase the immune system, fight free radicals, prevent damage of cells, and controls many diseases from starting. Its properties are anti-cancer, pro-health, and nutritious for a healthy liver. It is an excellent way to detoxify the accumulated toxins and rejuvenates and energizes the body. It regulates diabetes, gastrointestinal diseases, improves digestion, and controls obesity problem.
- Eat carrots and drink its juice extract everyday.
- Papaya To Purify The Toxins:
Papaya is assumed as a complete fruit with calcium, potassium, phosphorus, proteins, carbohydrates, and vitamins. It nourishes the body, treats weakness of muscles, fights fatigue, reduces the inflammation of liver, and lowers high cholesterol levels. It prevents cancer from occurring, improves digestion, eliminates the built up toxins in the body, and inhibits many infections from occurring.
- Make a paste of papaya seeds by adding some water to it. Add a few drops of lemon juice to it and take a teaspoon of the mixture twice a day to reduce the symptoms of the problem.
A power house of vitamins, fibers, nutrients, and minerals, figs are a great way to reduce the severity of the symptoms caused by cirrhosis, and also ward off future complications. Figs treat hypertension, cut the need for extra salt in the body, and are also good in regulating high cholesterol. These fruits also are good for controlling high blood pressure, diabetes, and pressure on the blood vessels. It strengthens the muscles, improves the overall health and maintains the normal function of the body.
- Eat figs. Or wash and mash fig leaves and take it.
Radish promotes the production of bile juice, maintains and regulates the proper function of liver and gall bladder, removes the waste and toxins build up, and purifies the blood. It promotes frequent urination, corrects and manages the kidney function, and prevents cancer. Radish is a good way to treat obesity problem, increases the blood and oxygen supply, increases the production of red blood cells, and fights many conditions.
- Eat radish as salad, or extract the juice and drink it. Or boil the leaves of radish and drink the strained water.
- Fruits & Vegetables:
Fruits, vegetables, leafy greens, and low fat dairy products are a healthy way of nourishing the body and strengthening the muscles. Banana, apples, grapes, berries, tomatoes, broccoli, cabbage, cucumber, spinach, parsley, and many other fruits and vegetables should be eaten instead of unhealthy diet.
- Eat at least 2 to 3 servings of fruits and vegetables each day.
Complications Because Of Cirrhosis:
- Liver cancer
- Brain damage
- Bleeding veins in the stomach
- Severe liver damage
- Kidney failure
- Negative effect on nervous system and mental impairment
- Resistance to insulin etc.
- Avoid drinking alcohol completely. This would not only damage the cells and the condition of the liver.
- Include more whole grains, proteins, fiber, calcium, and other essentials in your daily food.
- Avoid junk, processed, packaged, spicy, or oily food.
- Avoid carbonated drinks.
- Avoid consuming excess tea and coffee.
- Exercise for 40 minutes or more daily, or practice yoga, or any sweat resulting physical activity.
- Avoid food that is high in fats and calories
It is always advised to consult a doctor before starting self-treatment. Some times the symptoms show very late while the damage has been severe. In such cases it is better to take the prescribed medicine along with the above mentioned cirrhosis treatments.