Hair Treatments At Home – Easy Tips
Short or long, dark or blonde, oily or dry, silky or curl, dandruff, or any other condition, hair should be clean, washed, and dirt free. But, Hair Treatments At Home can be more than mere washing, rinsing, and drying. A few tips can actually improve the texture, condition, and look of the hair, though temporarily. Hair packs made at home using avocado or banana, scalp massage with different oils, and egg and other dietary changes can actually nourish and make the hair healthy.
Hair Treatments At Home:
Following are some of the tips that will help different hair textures, conditions, and problems effectively.
- Lemon Treatment For Hair:
Citric acid present in lemon juice is a very good preventive remedy for washing dandruff, curing scalp skin diseases, and treating excess oil production. It also promotes hair re-growth, gives shine to the hair, stimulates blood circulation and prevents baldness.
- Dilute lemon juice with water and gently massage it on the scalp and leave it for 15 minutes before rinsing it off. Or add 1 full lemon juice to your bath water.
- Vinegar For Dandruff And Shine:
Apple cider vinegar relieves the itchiness caused by dead skin layer and dandruff. The mild acidic nature of it prevents bacteria thriving on the scalp and saves and cures conditions like eczema etc. Vinegar treatment gives shine, bounce, and volume to the hair and also controls hair loss. It also conditions the hair and treats oily hair well.
- Add half a cup of apple cider vinegar to 2 cups of water and use it as a rinse. Or add it to the bathing water. You can also include vinegar in cooking. Avoid using strong and concentrated version. Dilute vinegar with water in a 1:3 proportion.
- Honey For Dry Hair:
Honey restores shine and natural moisture of the hair. It nourishes the curls, stops hair fall, prevents baldness, and promotes hair growth. It acts as a good conditioner and improves the quality and health of curls. It also stops thinning of the locks and strengthens them. It also aids in making the locks untangle.
- Honey and cream mixture is good for dry hair. Or mix honey and olive oil in 2:1 ratio and massage for dry hair. Cover the head with a plastic wrap for 15 minutes before rinsing with water. Or dilute honey with water and apply it to the curls. Rinse it with lukewarm water and regular shampoo. Take a teaspoon of it every morning on empty stomach.
- Fuller’s Earth For Oily Scalp:
A pack made of fuller’s earth clay is very useful in not only treating the oily curls, but is also good for exfoliating the dead scalp cells layer. It is a good treatment for lending the curls shine, and makes them tangle free.
- Take 1 or 2 tbsp fuller’s earth clay (depending upon the length of the curls) and to it add juice of 1 full lemon. Add a few drops of olive or coconut oil and some water to make a consistent paste. Apply, cover, and rinse with lukewarm water and a herbal shampoo suitable for the hair type after 15 to 20 minutes.
- Castor oil Solutions For Hair:
Castor oil moisturizes the tresses, prevents dryness, prevents thinning of the mane, hair fall, baldness, and promotes hair re-growth. It reduces and repairs the damage done to the mane by pollution, over exposure to sunlight, dirt, and harsh chemicals.
- Massage the scalp and tresses with castor oil and leave it for 15 to 20 minutes before washing it. You can leave the oil application for overnight also.
- Scalp Massage:
Hot oil massage improves blood circulation to the head, strengthens the roots, nourishes the skin, treats dandruff, and cures many conditions that can cause hair fall and thinning. Eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis, lice, and many other problems can cause baldness other than the regular reasons. Oil massage relaxes and de-stresses the mind, lends a cool feeling, and elevates good mood. Different oils like jojoba, olive, coconut, mustard oil etc can be used.
- Warm 1 or 2 tbsp of coconut or any other oil and massage the scalp gently. Do not overheat oil it will burn the skin and hair.
- Egg Treatment:
High amounts of protein found in eggs are very beneficial for the good health of mane. It nourishes them, strengthens the roots, and promotes re-growth of curls. Eggs act as an excellent conditioner, treat dryness in the tresses, and prevent dandruff problem. It provides volume, shine, and luster to the dull, dry, brittle, and tangled tresses.
- Prepare a solution of 3 eggs, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp vinegar nourish and shine the dull hair. Or simply beat eggs and massage on the scalp. Cover with a shower cap and after 15-30 minutes wash it off.
- Mayonnaise For Dandruff:
Mayonnaise is a very simple and effective solution for dandruff, dull, brittle, and dry mop. To add bounce, volume, shine, and life mayonnaise is an excellent option. It conditions the hair, solves the split ends problem, and corrects the frizzy curls problem.
- Take 1 to 2 tbsp mayonnaise and smear it to the hair. Wash with suitable shampoo and lukewarm water.
- Avocado Pack:
The numerous minerals, nutrients, and vitamins like A, E and other essentials are present in avocado. Avocado nourishes the curls, repairs the damages, softens the mop, and provides shine, volume, and bounce to the hair.
- Scoop the flesh of the fruit and mash it well. Apply this to the hair, cover with a plastic or shower cap. Rinse with water. If the hair is too dry then add a few drops of olive oil.
- Banana Mask:
A rich source of potassium, calcium, phosphorus, and proteins, vitamins, and other essential nutrients and minerals, bananas are very good for healthy hair. Banana mask nourishes the curls, repairs the damages, lends a protective layer against chemicals, and harsh sunlight. It also provides shine, length, re-growth, and tangle free softness.
- Mash 1 or 2 bananas and use this to smear the hair. Cover and rinse after 15 – 30 minutes.
Drink lots of water, eat raw vegetables, fruits, and nuts. Work out everyday, and maintain a high standard of hair cleanliness. With all these hair treatments at home and a good nourishing diet, you are sure to enjoy lustrous, voluminous, and shiny locks.