Gas and gas pain are normal. It is really embarrassing if by chance, you pass gas with a stinking smell before someone. You might be wondering about its solution. You can easily avoid it. Know more about it-causes, symptoms and prevention and best home remedies in the following article.
Gas and gas pain are often caused by air you swallow when you eat or drink fast and breakdown of some indigested food by harmless bacteria. It is also made by the food you’re digesting. High fiber foods such as beans, vegetables, fruits and grains can create a lot of gas. So can dairy foods for some people.
Most adults pass gas from 8 to 20 times a day. Gas of the stomach consists primarily of odorless vapors-carbon dioxide, oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen, and sometimes methane. The unpleasant smell of flatulence (anus) comes from bacteria releases small amounts of gas that contains sulphur.
Common Causes of Gas and Gas Pain:
• Swallowed air
• Normal breakdown of some undigested foods by harmless bacteria present in the large intestines.
Symptoms of Gas and Gas Pain:
• Passing gas
• Pain or bloating in the abdomen
• Abdominal bloating
Prevention of Gas and Gas Pain:
You can almost avoid too much of gas and gas pains by simply changing your diet. The following are few suggestions.
• Buy dry beans rather than canned ones. Soak them overnight in water, then pour out the water and replace it with fresh water for cooking. Make sure to cook the beans until they are soft.
• If you do use canned beans rinse them first. Adding beans and over the counter digestive aid.
• For a good source of protein try tofu a soy food: it’s easier to digest than beans.
• Drink plenty of liquids.
• Avoid foods and snacks sweetened with fructose or sorbitol.
• Eat slowly, chew your food thoroughly and don’t over eat.
• Take a walk after meals. Mild exercise improves digestion and helps move gas through the system faster.
• Avoid carbonated drinks and don’t chew gum or drink through a straw; these can put extra air in the system.
Tips to Cure Gas and Gas Pain:
• Try teas made with anise, peppermint, chamomile or fennel to relieve gas pains.
• Take simethicone an (antacid) to help reduce gas.
• If you need to release gas do it- even if you have to leave the room.
• If you have sever gas pains, try lying on your back and pulling your legs up to your chest. It’s easier to expel the gas this way.
• Do not smoke or use other tobacco products.
• Increase the amount of fluid you drink, especially water. Adults should drink at least 10 glasses of liquid a day.
Home Remedies for Gas Pain and Gas :
• Take some lemon verbena leaves, blanch them and drink.
• For stomach pain due to gas mix 1 teaspoon of fresh grated ginger and 1 teaspoon of lime juice. Take it immediately after your meal. You can massage your stomach with fennel oil to relieve the pain.
• Put sliced or powdered root in a glass of boiling water, wait for 5 minutes and drink. Repeat 3 times a day.
• Blanch parsley and drink 3 to 4 times a day.
• Blanch two grams of passion fruit; mix it with 1/4 cup of water and drink.
• Take one glass of boiling water and put two tablespoons of peach leaves in the water. Wait for 10 to 15 minutes and drink it. Repeat it 3 times in a day.
• You can drink peppermint tea or chamomile tea.
• Eat coriander seeds. It relieves you from both gas and gas pain.
• Drink carbonated water
• Take a cup of boiling water; add grinded ginger root and honey and it as tea.